Are you an ENERGETIC and CREATIVE individual who is PASSIONATE in Math and can COMMUNICATE clearly? Mathnasium of Richmond Hill wants to meet you!
Join us for the opportunity to make a difference in a child’s life by teaching math in a way that makes sense to them!
This is a Part-Time position. See our schedule for hours of instruction.
Start date: September 2019
- Teaching Math to students between Grades 1 - 12, through Mathnasium methodology and terminology, using prescribed teaching practices
- Actively encourage, motivate and engage with students during the instructional session.
- Evaluate and document student progress
- Correct student work and provide positive constructive feedback
- Maintain student attention and re-engage distracted students
- Manage student behaviour to create a positive environment that optimizes learning.
- Communicate student needs to centre leadership and to instructional staff in a team-teaching environment
- Update student binders
- Assist in non-teaching tasks, which may include cleaning, administrative assistance, curriculum preparation, or other duties assigned.
- Exceptional math knowledge from Grade 8 - 12, including Advance Function, Vectors and Calculus
- Ability to professionally interact with students and parents
- Enjoys working in a team environment
- Previous experience working with children (teaching, tutoring, etc.)
- Experience with Ontario math curriculum
- Ability to teach students in upper-level high school math courses
- Ontario certified teachers, early childhood educators, university students and graduates from programs with strong math content.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter showcasing your passion for math and relevant experience.
Selected candidates will undergo background checks and write an instructor's math test.
|Sun||11:00 AM - 3:00 PM|
|Mon||3:00 PM - 7:30 PM|
|Tues||3:00 PM - 7:30 PM|
|Wed||3:00 PM - 7:30 PM|
|Thurs||3:00 PM - 7:30 PM|
|Sat||10:00 AM - 2:00 PM|
Mathnasium of Richmond Hill Reviews
Aug 15 2019
Getting used to new teachers, new classmates and new subject matter can put a lot of pres...
Aug 15 2019
Does your child need a calculator for school this year? If so, what kind? Some of our r...
Aug 15 2019
These days, financial awareness day is very important for our youngsters! It&rsq...