Are you an ENERGETIC and CREATIVE individual who is PASSIONATE in Math and can COMMUNICATE clearly? Mathnasium of Richmond Hill wants to meet you!
Join us for the opportunity to make a difference in a child’s life by teaching math in a way that makes sense to them!
This is a Part-Time position. See our schedule for hours of instruction.
Start date: September 2019
- Teaching Math to students between Grades 1 - 12, through Mathnasium methodology and terminology, using prescribed teaching practices
- Actively encourage, motivate and engage with students during the instructional session.
- Evaluate and document student progress
- Correct student work and provide positive constructive feedback
- Maintain student attention and re-engage distracted students
- Manage student behaviour to create a positive environment that optimizes learning.
- Communicate student needs to centre leadership and to instructional staff in a team-teaching environment
- Update student binders
- Assist in non-teaching tasks, which may include cleaning, administrative assistance, curriculum preparation, or other duties assigned.
- Exceptional math knowledge from Grade 8 - 12, including Advance Function, Vectors and Calculus
- Ability to professionally interact with students and parents
- Enjoys working in a team environment
- Previous experience working with children (teaching, tutoring, etc.)
- Experience with Ontario math curriculum
- Ability to teach students in upper-level high school math courses
- Ontario certified teachers, early childhood educators, university students and graduates from programs with strong math content.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter showcasing your passion for math and relevant experience.
Selected candidates will undergo background checks and write an instructor's math test.
We are OPEN for in-centre AND online instruction. Please call or email us for further information.
|Mon||3:30 PM - 7:30 PM|
|Tues||3:30 PM - 7:30 PM|
|Wed||3:30 PM - 7:30 PM|
|Thurs||3:30 PM - 7:30 PM|
|Sat||10:30 AM - 2:30 PM|
Why Choose Mathnasium?
See Inside Center
Mathnasium of Richmond Hill Reviews
5 Signs Your Student is Ready for More Advanced Math
Feb 14 2023
Usually when we think of our kids needing help with math, we think in terms of a struggle...
New Year’s Resolutions and the Five Aspects of Math Wellness
Jan 6 2023
A new year is right around the corner with an opportunity to start fresh. So we...
6 Ways Mathnasium Makes Math Fun
Dec 15 2022
Mathnasium was founded on the belief that learning math and solving math proble...