Mathnasium is always interested in hearing from individuals who are exceptional at math and love teaching kids. We may not always have an opening for an instructor, but we love math and are interested in hearing from enthusiastic tutors who would like to join us one day to help kids understand math like never before!
Mathnasium of Pickering employs part-time instructors with exceptional math abilities, good communication skills, a good attitude and capable of quickly building trusting relationships with children and their parents. A love of teaching and making math fun is also a definite asset. Instructors are trained in the Mathnasium method and will be required to teach this innovative approach to math to our students. Our method is proven and effective because we make math make sense.
· Complete Mathnasium instructor training. Updating when required.
· Math instruction and tutoring using the Mathnasium method
· Encourage and motivate students
· Perform administrative tasks to support the teaching and tutoring cycle
· Support Learning Centre goals, strategies and approaches
Any or a combination of the following could qualify you to be chosen as one of our learning centre math instructors
· Currently enrolled in a post secondary Math, Science or Engineering program and demonstrating good abilities in Math
· Other post secondary programs with a strong aptitude for math
· University or College graduate from a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math program proving good results in math
· Ontario certified teacher
· Registered Early Childhood Educator
· Exceptional High School Senior
· Required to undergo a background check
· Confident, outgoing, professional, punctual and friendly
· Available for after school hours and weekends
· Previous teaching or tutoring experience is an asset
To inquire about instructor positions at this learning centre, please email us with your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org