News from Mathnasium of Meadowvale
Anticipated Re-Opening and Centre Updates
Jun 10, 2020
With the announcement of the re-opening of childcare centres by the provincial government, we will like to provide you with some exciting updates on the re-opening of the centre for in-centre instructions. Our online tutoring option will remain available.
Anticipated re-open date: Monday, July 6th
Enroling or returning to in-centre instructions
Due to controlled class size for social distancing, we will not be able to accommodate the same number of students in the centre as we had before and will only have limited availability and time slots. Enrolment will only be confirmed when the payment is made.
If you are interested to enrol your child for in-centre instructions, the first step is to schedule for a free assessment for your child
Social distancing measures and protocols for students and instructors' safety:
- Class size per hour will conform to the restriction limit for group gathering set by the government. (Current size as of June 10th: 10 pax)
- Sessions will have to be scheduled to control class size. We will not be able to accommodate drop-ins.
- Parents will not be allowed to enter the centre for pickup or drop-off unless they have a pre-booked appointment with the Centre Director.
- Everyone (students, parents and instructors) is required to have a mask on in the centre. Health safety is our top priority.
- Plexiglass (30" wide and 48" high) will be installed on student tables and front desk.
- Instructors and students are allowed to pull their mask down, during instructions, so that only their mouth is covered when teaching. We believe that our tall Plexiglass will provide ample prevention.
- Tables and plexiglass will be sanitized immediately after a student leaves, before seating the next student.
- Instructors will be required to wash their hands every hour."
- All students will be directed to the washroom to wash their hands once they enter the centre, before grabbing their student binder.
- Hand sanitizers will be available on every table.
- Every student will have his/her own pencil and eraser stored in his/her binder.
- Maximum of 1 student and 1 instructor per table
- Water dispenser will remain available but students are expected to bring their own bottle to refill.
- Snacks from the rewards cabinet will be removed to prevent students from snacking during the session
Centre updates - Looks and Feel
Over the course of the next few weeks, we will be re-organizing our centre for social distancing and also to provide a new experience for students coming in for class. Parents and students can expect to see some of the updates below:
- Acoustic panels and baffles will be installed in the ceiling to improve sound acoustics for instructions.
- Current black and white wall art stickers will be replaced with coloured hand-drawn Mathnasium graphics.
- Exterior window graphics will be replaced as part of Mathnasium re-branding.
- Tables will be reduced and re-arranged for social distancing.
- Computer stations will be installed and set up for Mathnasium @Home. We will still be offering classes online but we expect some of our instructors to be teaching in the centre.
- Games and game table will be temporarily removed.
- Existing lights will be lowered and repositioned to increase the brightness of the centre.
Teaching math is not just what we do, it’s all we do. Let’s make this summer a transformational one. Call us at 289-633-3823 or email us using the form above to schedule your free assessment and find out which program is best for your child.
|Mon||1:00 PM - 6:00 PM|
|Tues||1:00 PM - 6:00 PM|
|Wed||1:00 PM - 6:00 PM|
|Thurs||1:00 PM - 6:00 PM|
|Sat||10:00 am - 2:00 pm|
Mathnasium of Meadowvale Reviews
Aug 7 2020
Author: Kyle Tan Title: Executive Director, Mathnasium of Meadowvale Amidst these t...
Jun 10 2020
With the announcement of the re-opening of childcare centres by the provincial government, we wil...
May 19 2020
Possibilities For The Future Children out of school lose more comprehension in math than in an...