Are you an ENERGETIC and CREATIVE individual who is PASSIONATE in Math and can COMMUNICATE clearly? Mathnasium of Meadowvale wants you!
Join us for the opportunity to make a difference in a child’s life by teaching in a way that makes sense to them!
This is a Part-Time position. Instructors will be assigned between 6 to 20 hours per week. Class hours are Monday - Thursday 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM and Saturday 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
We are searching for the right candidate who is available to work on most of the weekdays.
Start date: ASAP
- Teaching Math to students between Grade 2 - 12, through Mathnasium methodology and terminology, using prescribed teaching practices
- Actively encourage, motivate and engage with students during the instructional session.
- Evaluate and document student progress
- Correct student work and provide positive constructive feedback
- Maintain student attention and re-engage distracted students
- Manage student behaviour to create a positive environment that optimizes learning.
- Communicate student needs to centre leadership and to instructional staff in a team-teaching environment
- Update student binders
- Assist in non-teaching tasks, which may include cleaning, administrative assistance, curriculum preparation, or other duties assigned.
- Exceptional math knowledge from Grade 8 - 12, including Advance Function, Vectors and Calculus
- Ability to professionally interact with students and parents
- Enjoys working in a team environment
- Previous experience working with children (teaching, tutoring, etc.)
- Canadian Experience.
- Ability to teach students in upper-level high school math courses
- Ontario certified teachers, early childhood educators, university students, and local graduates from programs with strong math content.
To inquire, please email email@example.com with your resume and cover letter that showcases your passion with Math and/or experience with children. Selected candidates will have to undergo background check and will have to take an instructor test.
|Sun||(NEW!) 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm|
|Mon||4:00 pm - 8:00 pm|
|Tues||4:00 pm - 8:00 pm|
|Wed||4:00 pm - 8:00 pm|
|Thurs||4:00 pm - 8:00 pm|
|Sat||10:00 am - 2:00 pm|
Mathnasium of Meadowvale Reviews
Feb 22 2020
When school starts back up each fall, students spend up to six weeks1 relearning the content they...
Jan 28 2020
Image source credit to gov.sg Dear Parents and Guardians, There have be...
Nov 29 2018
The thought of playing Math Games during class hour may not be well received by some parents. Her...