Do you love teaching? Are you great at math? Then become a Mathnasium Math Instructor!
Mathnasium of McKenzie Towne is now hiring!
We teach math in a way that makes sense to students in Grades 2-12. Join us for the opportunity to make a REAL difference in a child’s life by enabling them to develop their math skills and self-confidence.
We offer part-time jobs with flexible scheduling and ongoing training opportunities. We serve our students year-round, so this is an opportunity for regular part-time work.
- Teach through Mathnasium methodology and terminology, using prescribed teaching practices
- Actively encourage, motivate, and engage students during the instructional session
- Evaluate and document student progress
- Manage student behavior to create a positive environment that optimizes learning
- Communicate student needs to center leadership and instructional staff in a team-teaching environment
- Assist in non-teaching tasks: light cleaning, administrative assistance, curriculum preparation, other duties as assigned
- Excellent math skills in algebra, calculus, and geometry (including trigonometry)
- Excellent communication in English
- Ability to professionally interact with students and parents
- Ability to teach students in elementary, middle, and high school
- Clear police background check (vulnerable sector search)
- Authorized to work in Canada
Preferred (not required) Qualifications:
- Fluent in French or another language
- Previous teaching/tutoring experience or other experience working with students
- Lives within a reasonable commute distance to our location
You can expect:
- Shifts that accommodate your availability
- Rewarding experiences helping others improve their skills and change their lives
- Initial and on-going training delivered on-line
- Uniform (branded golf shirt) supplied
- Paid staff meetings with food & soft drinks
- Free parking and nearby transit station
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief note regarding your math competency, experience teaching, tutoring or working with children, and availability within our Instructional Hours. Include your postal code.
Face masks are worn by instructors and students. Disinfectant protocols for touched surfaces maintained over the near-term, including hand sanitizer use upon entry/exit. Face-to-face on-line instruction offered through Mathnasium@home.
Why Choose Mathnasium?
Mathnasium of McKenzie Towne Reviews
Jan 15 2022
Do you have a child in high school taking math next semester? Keep reading. The last two y...
Nov 25 2021
Christmas Break Specials: December 15 – 31 Your student has time off school at the e...
Nov 4 2021
Helping You Help Others November is here – a pivotal month in the school year. For many ...