Mathnasium is currently looking for individuals who are exceptional at math and love teaching kids. We love math and are looking for enthusiastic tutors to help kids understand math like never before! To inquire about instructor positions at this learning centre, please email us with your resume and cover letter.
Mathnasium is a fast-growing national and international year-round math learning centre for kids
in Grades 1 through to 12.
We are highly specialized; we only teach math. Our mission is to significantly increase children’s math skills, understanding of math concepts, and overall school performance, while building confidence and forging a positive attitude toward the subject of mathematics.
We are currently accepting applications for the position of Math Instructors at
Mathnasium of Don Mills in North Toronto.
Unlike private tutoring, we provide all teaching materials. Mathnasium instructors do not need to spend their own time preparing lesson plans and travelling to student homes. Instructors are guaranteed hours on a defined work schedule, with up to 30 working hours available per week.
- Teach children, following Mathnasium method and processes.
- Inspire confidence in students from grades 1 to 12.
- Work as part of a team to create a positive and dynamic learning environment.
- Completion of or pursuing a B.Sc. with a major/minor in Mathematics, or significant math content.
- Knowledge of mathematical concepts and a passion for teaching Math.
- Experience teaching/tutoring high school math. Ability to teach Calculus, Advanced Functions, and Data Management is an asset.
- Outgoing, enthusiastic, and caring nature.
- Comfortable working with students of all ages from Grades 1-12.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to explain complex mathematical concepts in a concise manner.
- Engaging approach to teaching and ability to use differentiated techniques.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Reliable, prompt, organized.
- Teaching certification is an asset. OCT qualifications will be paid at higher end of pay scale.
Monday to Thursday: 3:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Saturday: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Sunday: 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
**Flexible hours and shifts available. Please state your availability when applying.
Interested applicants can send a cover letter and resume to:
Mathnasium@home Operating Hours: Monday to Thursday: 4-8 pm, Sunday 12 - 4 pm
Why Choose Mathnasium?
Mathnasium of Don Mills Reviews
Aug 23 2021
We are excited to announce that Mathnasium of Don Mills will be reopening for in-person instructi...
Apr 15 2021
Sometimes a student stays with our centre so long that they become part of our Mathnasium family....
Dec 14 2020
After much consideration, and with the government's announcement to shut down more parts of t...