The Mathnasium Method™
“Children don’t hate math. They do hate being confused and intimidated by math. With understanding comes passion, and with passion comes growth – a treasure is unlocked.” -- Larry Martinek
For more than a decade, the Mathnasium Method™ has transformed the way kids understand and appreciate math. Larry Martinek, creator of the Mathnasium Method, has spent 40+ years designing, developing, and refining this approach based on his extensive experience teaching math to kids. We build math knowledge upon what they already know - this helps kids learn quickly and boosts their confidence right away.
How It Works
Our proprietary method consists of three key components which are closely monitored and adjusted to address each child’s learning goals:
Assessments: Students start by taking a customized assessment which pinpoints their needs, allowing us to meet them where they are and take them where they need to go. These assessments continue throughout their Mathnasium instruction to ensure progress and skill retention.
Customized Learning Plans: We then design a customized learning plan for teaching the concepts the student needs to master, and use a combination of proprietary materials and instruction techniques to ensure your child masters these concepts.
Specially Trained, Caring Instructors Who Teach: Mathnasium’s specially trained instructors implement the learning plan and work with each student to ensure they master the material. All teaching takes place during the Mathnasium session, and we don’t assign homework.
The Mathnasium program provides the foundation and support to succeed at each stage:
- Elementary School: Building math foundation, mastering computation and problem solving with whole and rational numbers, and understanding number sense
- Middle School: Continuing to build strong math foundation, mastering “the how and why” (algebra readiness), helping with homework, and filling in gaps needed for advanced classes
- High School: Filling in foundational gaps, addressing different levels of knowledge, helping with test preparation, and assisting with homework
Our goal is to enhance your child’s math skills, understanding of math concepts, and overall school performance. At the same time, we build confidence and help families see measurable progress.
Our year-round program provides consistency and flexibility.
- Flexible attendance
- Year-round program with memberships that can start at any time
Along with working through their customized learning plans, Mathnasium students receive homework help to solidify their understanding of concepts that are being covered in their current classwork.
Now offering Mathnasium@Home! Whether you're juggling busy schedules or going on vacation, Mathnasium@Home allows your child to make progress in math wherever you are.
With Mathnasium@Home you get the same instructors and Mathnasium Method you know from our centres, face-to-face, online, in real-time. Learning can happen anywhere there's an internet connection. It's safe and secure, and there are no additional costs.
For more details on Mathnasium@Home click here
- You get the same instructors and Mathnasium Method™ as at our centre, but online, in real time.
- Learning can happen anywhere there's an internet connection.
- Your child can attend regular sessions from the comfort of your home.
- It's safe and secure, and there are no additional costs.
Want to learn more about Mathnasium@home? Fill out the form below or call us for a free consultation.
For more detail on The Mathnasium Method™ click here.
|Sun||11:00 AM - 3:00 PM|
|Mon||3:00 PM - 7:00 PM|
|Tues||3:00 PM - 7:00 PM|
|Wed||3:00 PM - 7:00 PM|
|Thurs||3:00 PM - 7:00 PM|
Why Choose Mathnasium?
Mathnasium of Crowfoot Reviews
Apr 6 2021
Math is not a subject that is naturally intuitive - it requires teaching, strategies and conceptu...
Jan 28 2021
There are some key ways to know if your child is having difficulty with math and may need some ad...
Jan 28 2020
We all know that using a math tutor can be very beneficial to your child’s success in class...