Job Titile: Mathnasium Instructor
Mathnasium of Cliffside is currently looking for individuals who are exceptional at math and love teaching kids from grades 1-12. We love math and are looking for enthusiastic tutors to help kids understand math like never before by using the unique Mathnasium method. We do so with instructors who are passionate about teaching math in a way that makes sense to kids of all ages.
Join us for the opportunity to make a difference in a child’s life by passing on a love of Math.
Qualified candidates are required to learn & master the unique Mathnasium method, through a series of online classes & written assignments.
- Exceptional interpersonal & communication skills
- Good knowledge of Math, the passion for teaching, and the ability to interact with school-age children
- Ability to teach High School Math, including upper level, for example, Functions, Advanced Functions, & Calculus
- Organized, punctual, and accountable, with a strong work ethic
- Previous teaching experience, (preferably relevant experience, ex. tutoring, coaching)
- University graduates or current university students, with a strong emphasis on Math
- Good knowledge of Calculus is an asset
- Competency with basic technology and the ability to learn new platforms, (ex. Google Suite)
- Strength in teaching online and at the centre, with an energetic and engaging personality
- Physical presence at the centre during working hours
- Actively encourage, motivate, and engage with students during the instructional session
- Actively search the room to respond to raised hands from students in order to answer their questions, grade their work, and address any concern
- Teach math to students following the Mathnasium method & process (training provided)
- Professionally interact with students and occasionally with parents
- Help students with their designated Learning Plan (provided), Homework, Test prep
- Evaluate and document student progress
- Correct student work and provide positive and constructive feedback
- Maintain student attention and re-engage distracted students
- Manage student behavior to create a positive environment that optimizes learning
- Communicate students needs to centre leadership and to instructional staff in a team-teaching environment, and other duties as assigned
Our working hours: Monday- Thursday from 3:30- 8 pm & Saturday from 11 am -3 pm.
It is a part-time job of approximately 8-20 hours /week (flexible). All candidates must successfully pass a Math proficiency test in order to be considered. A police vulnerable sector check must be provided if offered employment. A reference check will be conducted prior to the start of employment. For those hired, there will be paid training offered in the Mathnasium Method of teaching, as well as ongoing training opportunities.
To inquire about the Instructor position at this learning centre, please email us your cover letter and resume to the following email address: email@example.com . We are located at 2465 Kingston Rd. Scarborough, M1N-1V4