News from Mathnasium of Bayview Sheppard
Aug 7, 2020
Our Bayview Sheppard Mathnasium Learning Centre will be reopening on August 10. We will be following strict safety protocols, which are as follows:
- All students and instructors will have a temperature check done upon entry. Anyone with an above-normal temperature will be denied entry. Anyone showing signs of illness will be asked to leave.
- All instructors will use face shields.
- In accordance with rules set by the Ontario Provincial government, masks will be mandatory for all students in Grade 4 and above and recommended for students in lower grades.
- Attendance will be restricted to only those who have not travelled outside Canada within the past 14 days.
- Every student will be asked to wash or sanitize their hands when they enter and when they leave.
- Instructors will wash hands upon arrival and regularly throughout the day.
- To avoid shared use of tablets, we will check students in ourselves, instead of having self check-in.
- In the interest of reducing the number of extra people in the centres, guardians are asked to do drop-off and pick-up only. No parents will be allowed in the centre. Parents who wish to communicate with the staff should do so by phone or email, or make an appointment for a conversation by video call.
- No walk-in inquiries will be allowed. All lesson appointments must be pre-booked.
- Students (other than siblings) will be seated apart to ensure adequate social distancing.
- The number of students in the centre will be restricted to no more than 10 at a time.
- Students will be given their own pencil and eraser to keep in their binder and will not be sharing supplies.
- We are ceasing the use of shared cups and will have disposable cups available for drinking. We would like to request that students bring in their own water bottles as an environmental measure and to ensure that we do not run out of cups during the day.
- During this period, we will not be using shared games or manipulatives. We will continue the use of flashcards and learning tools that are handled only by instructors.
- We have always had hand sanitizers available and will continue to ensure that students have access to these disinfecting products.
- Disinfecting wipes will be available throughout the centre. Staff will disinfect tables after each student.
- Staff will disinfect high-touch surfaces, such as tables, door handles, light switches, etc., throughout the day.
We look forward to returning to in-centre instruction to serve our students and our community. It's not too late to join us for a summer program. Please call us for details, and we'll see you soon!
Mathnasium@home School Year Operating Hours: Monday to Thursday: 4-8 pm, Saturday: 10 am - 2 pm
Why Choose Mathnasium?
Mathnasium of Bayview Sheppard Reviews
Sep 2 2020
Mathnasium is open for fall sessions, with both in-centre and online options. No matter where and...
Aug 7 2020
Our Bayview Sheppard Mathnasium Learning Centre will be reopening on August 10. We will be f...
Apr 21 2020
The reviews are in. Our Bayview Sheppard families love the Mathnasium@home remote learning progra...