Are you an ENERGETIC and CREATIVE individual who is PASSIONATE in Math and can COMMUNICATE clearly? Mathnasium of Meadowvale wants you!
Join us for the opportunity to make a difference in a child’s life by teaching in a way that makes sense to them!
This is a Part-Time position. Instructors will be assigned between 6 to 20 hours per week. Class hours are Monday - Thursday 3:00 PM to 7:00 PM and Saturday 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
We are searching for the right candidate who is available to work on most of the weekdays.
Start date: ASAP
- Teaching Math to students between Grade 1 - 12, through Mathnasium methodology and terminology, using prescribed teaching practices
- Actively encourage, motivate and engage with students during the instructional session.
- Evaluate and document student progress
- Correct student work and provide positive constructive feedback
- Maintain student attention and re-engage distracted students
- Manage student behaviour to create a positive environment that optimizes learning.
- Communicate student needs to centre leadership and to instructional staff in a team-teaching environment
- Update student binders
- Assist in non-teaching tasks, which may include cleaning, administrative assistance, curriculum preparation, or other duties assigned.
- Exceptional math knowledge from Grade 8 - 12, including Advance Function, Vectors and Calculus
- Ability to professionally interact with students and parents
- Enjoys working in a team environment
- Previous experience working with children (teaching, tutoring, etc.)
- Canadian Experience.
- Ability to teach students in upper-level high school math courses
- Ontario certified teachers, early childhood educators, university students, and local graduates from programs with strong math content.
To inquire, please email email@example.com with your resume and cover letter that showcases your passion with Math and/or experience with children. Selected candidates will have to undergo background check and will have to take an instructor test.
We are open for in-centre learning and online learning
|Mon||3:00 PM - 7:00 PM|
|Tues||3:00 PM - 7:00 PM|
|Wed||3:00 PM - 7:00 PM|
|Thurs||3:00 PM - 7:00 PM|
|Sat||10:00 AM - 2:00 PM|
Why Choose Mathnasium?
Mathnasium of Barrie South Reviews
Ontario Launches Largest Tutoring Support Program
Aug 12 2022
Highest Investment in Learning Recovery, Mental Health & Public Education Febr...
Mar 22 2022
To celebrate World Maths Day on March 23, Tashdid, a seventh-grader, signed up for the upcoming M...
Western University to its math majors: You're a teachers college shoo-in
Nov 17 2021
Western University is trying to get ahead of an expected teacher shortage in Ontario by ensuring ...